Terms & Conditions of the I-FIKR Ramadan Contest
1. The Competition is organized by International Shariáh Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) ("the Organiser").
2. The Competition starts from 29 May 2017 and the closing date is by 28 June 2017. Entries received after 5.00pm on 28 June 2017 (or such extended closing date determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Organiser).
3. The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Competition period at any time without any prior notice to any party whatsoever. Unless otherwise varied to the contrary by the Organiser, any participation in the Competition during the extended period (if any) shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions set out herein which shall remain in full force and effect at all times.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to modify the competition mechanisms, withdraw, or terminate this Competition at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice to any person.
5. The Competition is open to all residents in Malaysia ages 18 years or over.
6. Eligible participant must be a paid subscriber on I-FIKR either as Student or Individual.
7. Excluded from participation are employees of the Organiser, its affiliates and/or related companies, their immediate family members and any entity involved with the organisation or judging of the Competition.The rules of the Competition and how to enter are as follows:
i. Must be a paid subscriber to I-FIKR
ii. Must LIKE and SHARE the ISRA Facebook Page
iii. Must make comment about I-FIKR with the hashtag of either #IFIKR or #ISRA when sharing ISRA Facebook Page
8. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Competition. By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that their Facebook username, profile picture and any additional content submitted will be published on the ISRA page and may be viewed by all web users.
9. Participants can submit as many comments as desired. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will not be counted.
10. The participant is obliged to provide accurate, current and complete information when participating in the Competition. The Organiser may request a winner, to provide proof of their identity and residence information previously provided by the participant, before presenting the award or prize,
11. The Organiser is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any Participant by any third party connected with this Competition.
12. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Organiser. Winner will be selected every week on Friday and the Grand Prize winner will be selected on the 28th of June, 2017. The prize shall be as determined by the Organiser and no other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The Organiser retains the right to substitute the prizes with alternative prizes of similar value in the event the original prizes offered are not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
13. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Facebook within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, the Organiser reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. In case of refusal or non-acceptance of the prize or conditions that are inherent to the Competition, the prize will not be awarded. In that case, the Organiser is entitled to choose another winner..
14. If the prize consists of tickets for concerts, festivals, films, sports events or similar types of events and/or holidays/flights, there can be no claim on any form of compensation in case of cancellation.
15. If the prize includes travel/accommodation abroad for which a passport is required, the participant must be in possession of a valid passport to receive the prize. The prize is not awarded upon failing this condition.
16. The Organiser will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
17. Participants who have not won a prize will not receive notification of the same.
18. The Organiser does not accept any liability for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive Facebook/Email, technical difficulties associated therewith, or the potential winner's failure to adequately monitor their Facebook/Email Inbox. The Organiser's decision in respect of all matters to do with the Competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. At the request of the Organiser, the winner(s) of the prize will cooperate in promotional activities of the Organiser to the extent that can be reasonably expected of them, including publicity regarding the announcements of the winner(s) across all media. For cooperating with these promotional activities no financial compensation will be paid.
20. The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Malaysian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
21. The Participants agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other participants will be used solely in accordance with current Malaysian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the Participant's prior consent.
22. The winner of the prize gives the Organiser permission to use, free of charge, any received personal data, any photos or any contributions linked to the competition to be used in promotional activities relating to the competition and in relation to the announcement of the winner through all media, including radio, television and internet.
23. Entry into the Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
24. The Organiser is in no way responsible for any problems or defects arising from the use of the Website and/or downloading any components whatsoever in relation to the Competition.
25. The Organiser has the right to disqualify participants if he believes that the participants are not acting in conformity with the General and/or specific Terms and Conditions of this Competitionor if the participant is otherwise fraudulently accessing the Competition or unfairly influencing the course of the Competition.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network.